Desktop Support Specialist ( EUC Specialist) – Prime – Cedar Rapids, IA
$30 – $35 an hour
Scripting: 1 year (Preferred)
Windows OS: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Tittle : Resident Engineer Support ( End User Computing )
Onsite from day-1 No remote available
Good Technical Knowledge of Windows OS
Good Knowledge of server hardware platforms e.g. HP, Dell etc. and Storage
Good knowledge on End User devices – IP Phones, Printers ( MFDs ) , Desktops , Laptops & Thin Clients
Must be clear on Concepts of Backup & hands on Netbackup, Commvault
Must be clear on RAID concepts
Good in VBS & PowerShell scripting is addon
Good communication skills (spoken & written), Customer focused
1. Attending to calls requiring physical intervention is required.
2. Investigating, diagnosing, resolving and closing problems.
3. Fulfilling service requests.
4. Keeping affected users informed about the progress.
5. Escalating the call to Level 2 Engineer (L2), (If required).
6. Detecting possible problems and intimating SDO about the same.
7. Provide Touch base services to Domain teams and ITIL process owners
8. Responsible for deploying patches on all Windows machines for which tested patches are released by Corporate ADS / Wintel Team.
9. To have critical / non critical list (OS / Servers / Appliances / Devices / Application / DB) in place and ensure patch deployment on all such system by meeting Timelines
10. Responsible for patch deployment on all project systems which are managed by Location IS team.
11. To push the patches on test machines in project environment in coordination with Corporate ADS / Wintel team, as applicable.
12. To obtain Patch deployment status confirmation from Project team / client where they do not have access (no ownership). In such cases Patch Deployment ownership lies with respective project only.
13. Escalate calls to L2, L3.
14. Update problem record in Helpdesk with details of solution provided.
15. Update problem in KEDB with help of Problem Management Team
16. Close tickets raised by Wintel team and update closure status.
17. Implement corporate software rollout tasks assigned by Release management team and update rollout status to SDO / Release management.
18. Deploying IT assets in production floor as instructed by SDO / Asset officer.
19. Need to Load / change Backup tapes as per instructions from server team and get signed on the Backup register from SDO after completion.
20. Book hardware calls to vendors if the ticket pertains to hardware issue.
21. Support Local asset officer in maintaining the CMDB database.
22. Need to send daily shift hand-over comprising of major updates and pending ticket details to respective location SDO.
23. Implement RFCs which are assigned by Change Management Team / SDO and update implementation status.
24. Implement tasks assigned by SDO and update implementation status.
25. In all Severity 1 / 2 (related to production) issues, interfaces with different groups (e.g. SPOCs, Help Desk, Network, Server, Voice Teams etc.) to get the resolution for a particular problem
26. Responsibilities include responding to technical issues of the internal customers in the area of PCs and Server Hardware, LAN, WAN, Operating systems, VOIP telephony, configuration issues, deployment of large no of PCs in a call center
27. Supporting Endpoints used by WFH users ( Remote Support )
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Cedar Rapids, IA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Please share email address and salary expectations
- Scripting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows OS: 3 years (Preferred)
- Netbackup/ Commvault: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Desktop+Support+Specialist&c=Prime&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=30c58c0088c3d0ad&rtk=1fb1k05rpu22s800&from=rss→