Floral Clerk – Hy-Vee, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Floral Clerk
FLSA : Non-Exempt
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Creates beginning levels of design work floral arrangements and fills necessary merchandising needs. Assists customers with placing orders and completes the paperwork. Takes deliveries and makes delivery lists.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of Perishables, Store Operations, and Health Wellness Home; Floral Department Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Assists customers with placing orders over the phone or in person and completes the paperwork involved with a floral order.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Including but not limited to: small floral and greenery arrangements, corsages and boutonnieres, roses, carnations, and other flowers, balloons and balloon bouquets, and bows for floral arrangements and plants.
- Waters plants.
- Prepares daily delivery list.
- Sends and retrieves FTD, Teleflora, and orders over the computer.
- Reviews the status and appearance of floral products for freshness.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Unloads trucks, places product in appropriate storage area, and replenishes merchandise.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may process invoices.
- Ensures work area is always clean and neat including but not limited to: coolers, counters, floor, sink, etc.
- Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
Education and Experience:
Less than High School or six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Working Conditions :
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazards, chemicals/solvents, electrical shock, and dampness.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a floral environment including computer, underwater cutter, wire cutter, pricing gun, dosetron, scissors, knives, pick machine, register system, helium tank, and telephone.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers, weekly contact with suppliers/vendors.
Maintains confidentiality on orders placed (including who sent, who received, order, and cost)
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Floral+Clerk&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=23311cc962651501&rtk=1g9fjitbhhaqq800&from=rss→