General Maintenance Technician I – Walmart – Cedar Rapids, IA
$22 an hour
Full Job Description
Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and find top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
As a General Maintenance Technician I in our local retail store, you will work to perform routine maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of Walmart Stores, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of the local General Maintenance Manager, following established maintenance schedules and guidelines, inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures.
What are the essential functions of the General Maintenance Technician I:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
Benefits of the General Maintenance Technician I position:
- Full Time: Starting at $22/hr** + Bonus Eligible
- Eligible for 8% bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
General Maintenance Technician I Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years’ experience, or 2 years’ total work experience, in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade
- Valid Driver’s License
- Can lift 20 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally
- Can move up and down ladders frequently
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries.
With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Walmart is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. We are an E-Verify Employer.
*Sign on applied to external new hires only. Not applicable to rehires under 12 months.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=General+Maintenance+Technician&c=Walmart&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d5fec7d96123ac65&rtk=1g9nl163ohaqq800&from=rss→