Location Supervisor – Forward Air – Cedar Rapids, IA
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $36.2K – $45.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Full Job Description
Position: Location Supervisor
Forward Final Mile is looking for a Locations Supervisor. The Location Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Location Manager to oversee the day to day operations at his/her location(s). The Location Supervisor will be required to fully understand all aspects of his/her location(s), build positive relationships with the client and increase the efficiencies and business within their delivery operations. Relationship building with client, recruiting, and gaining 100% of client business in each location are utmost priorities.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manager in training to become Location Manager
- Delivery and route management
- Assist in recruiting / retention of contractors
- Engagement and positive culture
- Work directly with the Client and Location Manager
- Adhere and enforce all operational policies
- Warehouse Operations (in certain locations)
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in management and/or logistics
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong leadership and planning ability
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize work load and manage time
- Identifies and resolves problems. Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors
- Effective organization and leadership skills
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
- General computer skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Since 1990, Forward Air has been a leading provider of ground transportation and related logistics services to the North American air freight and expedited LTL market. We offer surface shipping on an accelerated “time-definite” basis, delivering cargo at a specific time, but under less time-sensitive situations – supplying you with a cost effective, reliable alternative to air transportation. We work with companies of all sizes to develop tangible advantages and build the best products to meet your specific needs. Forward Air presents to the wholesale transportation community (logistics companies, freight forwarders, integrated air cargo carriers, passenger/ cargo airlines, and non-traditional shippers), a single-source provider that can deliver more supply chain services and a superior menu of choices. Throughout the years we have added supplementary lines to our linehaul service, such as full truckload operations (Truckload Services), final-mile coverage (Complete® Cartage), and an Airline Logistics program, and we will continue to expand our services to meet the changing needs and growth of our customer base.
Forward Air is structured to optimize both savings and service to our customers. Direct partnerships with owner-operators and other surface transportation providers, enable us to remain cost-competitive. The Forward Air network is designed with over 90 facilities located at or near major U.S. and Canadian airports, 12 regional sort centers and over 300 beyond points (secondary airports provided through our Complete Cartage service), creating one of the most comprehensive linehaul networks in the industry.
Ranked 3rd in Newsweeks 2022 ” Americas Most Trustworthy Companies ” publication
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Location+Supervisor&c=Forward+Air&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=c07b6330bf11a875&rtk=1g1huq8q1r0kr800&from=rss→