Manager of Purchasing – PMX Industries Inc – Cedar Rapids, IA
PMX Industries Inc
Full Job Description
PMX Industries is the leading supplier of high quality copper and copper alloys in North America and we are looking for:
Manager of Purchasing
As an individual contributors, this position will be responsible for development and implementation of goals and objectives of metal procurement with the corporate goals and objectives, which include;
- Expected to follow all safety rules and policies and work in a manner that protects themselves and other stakeholders from hazards and injuries.
- Create and administer the short and long term metals procurement strategy for the Company, including sourcing strategies within the secondary scrap markets.
- Ensure material availability through the coordination of sounds logistical practice.
- Assess and manage risk and/or exposure to metal market fluctuations.
- Negotiate and execute fixed price metal agreements with our customers and our metal sources.
- Manage purchasing, inventory and disposal of all metal materials consistent with policies and identified goals utilizing metal market information.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system for vendor approval
- Control costs.
- Ensure that all daily, monthly and annual reports and forecasts are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide a high level of leadership.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and ensure adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with related regulations and maintain relevant files and records.
- Provide and maintain a positive work environment.
- Coordinate with other organizations and departments as needed to create a team environment.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred; 5 years experience and/or training or equivalent combination and experience.
- Red Metal or Base metals procurement experience for a consumer preferred.
- Experience with hedging principles.
- Strong negotiation ability; sound communicator, organizational and analytical skills with the ability to plan work. Must be able to communicate for all business/job related transactions. Req 4547
- Office environment
- Occasional time spent in the production facilities
- 401(k) plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Short Term
- Long Term
- Life insurance
Must be able to pass a pre-employment screening.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manager+Purchasing&c=PMX+Industries&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=29d434a806c1d73d&rtk=1fosjpot8o2dj800&from=rss→