Seafood Manager Position – Hy-Vee – Cedar Rapids, IA
$17 – $27 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Seafood Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Seafood Revision Date: 11/2016
Presents the freshest and best quality product at a competitive retail price to customers, trains employees, writes work schedules, displays merchandise and manages the department to company guidelines and expectations.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store Director; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables and GM; Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables and GM; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: Assistant Seafood Manager, Seafood Clerks
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
- Escorting them to the products for which they’re looking.
- Securing products that are out of reach.
- Loading or unloading heavy items.
- Making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests.
- Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Trains, supervises, disciplines and evaluates all department employees.
- Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work plan for the department.
- Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
- Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends, prepares ad projections and write ads.
- Plans displays, promotions and determines pre-orders.
- Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
- Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance is performed.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts inventory of the department.
- Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
- Attends meetings and seminars.
- Fills displays, checks in delivered merchandise and works in the sales area.
- Performs departmental duties as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities and allocates personnel. Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge and salary increases.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience, food safety training. Over three years up to five years of similar or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 100-pounds of force (energy exerted) occasionally; exert up to 50-pounds of force frequently and exert up to 10-pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20-inches to more than 20-feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
This position is exposed daily to dirt, noise, temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents and electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, slicers, steamers, pallet jack, scales, computer, phone, tumbler, wrapping machine, tenderizers, Computer, Telexon ordering unit and C.A.R.S. reordering system.
Has access to confidential information including, employee compensation, monthly results, quarterly inventory reports, sales and profit sheets and warehouse pricing.
Responsible company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors and the general public. Has contact with Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies twice a year.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Seafood+Manager+Position&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f9166f0b4acf73a6&rtk=1fokpaqfgn5at800&from=rss→