U.S. Army Combat Enginner – Army Recruiting Battalion Minneapolis – Cedar Rapids, IA
Army Recruiting Battalion Minneapolis
Full Job Description
As a Combat Engineer, you’ll work quickly and skillfully to help Soldiers navigate while on combat missions by constructing bridges, clearing barriers with explosives, and detecting and avoiding mines and other environmental hazards. You’ll provide expertise and come up with quick and creative engineering solutions, constructing fighting positions, fixed and floating bridges, and obstacles and defense positions.
- Build fighting positions, defensive positions, and floating or fixed bridges.
- Place and detonate explosives.
- Clear paths of obstacles.
- Install firing systems for demolition.
- Detect mines visually or with mine detectors.
Job training for a combat engineer requires 14 weeks of One Station Unit Training, which includes Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part takes place in the field with on-the-job instructions.
One Station Unit Training: 14 weeks at Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic demolitions.
- Basic explosive hazards.
- Constructing wire obstacles.
- Fixed bridge building.
- Basic urban operations.
- Operating heavy equipment.
- Paid training.
- Salary Pay.
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time positions.
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays.
- 401(K) type savings plan.
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members.
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage).
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) – tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college.
- Tuition Assistance – up to $4500 per year.
- Student Loan Repayment – up to $65,000 in college loan repayment.
- Signing bonus – up to $40,000 in cash bonuses.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
- Be under 35 years old.
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card).
- Have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Have no major medical issues.
- Have no major law violations (Felony level).
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Anthony DeMuse Sr.
Social Media Recruiting Team
IG @ ssg_demuse (Add me)