CID Breaks All-Time Passenger Record
It only took three months and the Eastern Iowa Airport’s (CID) historic recordsetting total has been broken – again. The total number of passengers who chose CID in June is the highest number of passengers to fly CID in a single month.
The total number of passengers who flew CID in June was 127,333; 19.5 percent higher than June 2018. That total is 4.6 percent more than the number of people who flew in March when the airport’s previous monthly record total was set.
Year-over-year, the airport’s number of enplaned passengers (those who board a flight at CID) is up 8.9 percent.
Marty Lenss, CID airport director, says the additional traffic is due to larger aircraft, additional flights on existing routes and the addition of Nashville service on Allegiant. June is also when the seasonal nonstop flight to Los Angeles on Allegiant begins.
“Airlines do monitor whether a market responds to additional capacity, so we are glad to see these strong passenger numbers,” Lenss says. Recent air service enhancements include:
- American begins seasonal, daily nonstop service to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Dec. 18. American has also added a fourth daily flight to Dallas (DFW) and added two ORD flights in October;
- Nashville service on Allegiant has been extended through the end of October; Allegiant’s LAX seasonal flight began June 5 and goes through early August.
- United added a third daily flight to Denver (DEN).
- Frontier will have four to five weekly flights to Denver (DEN).
- Delta added a third daily flight to Atlanta (ATL).