Account Executive – Vascular Access / Vital Care – Iowa – Smiths Medical – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Smiths Medical is currently hiring an Account Executive in Iowa City.
Smiths Medical is hiring an Account Executive Vascular Access to sell our line of Vascular Access products. The Account Executive’s primary responsibility is to sell our Vascular Access products into the acute care hospital setting. These devices provide healthcare professionals access to patients’ vasculature for delivery and withdrawal of fluid and medication, as well as devices to protect health workers by helping prevent needlestick injuries. The sales territory includes the state of North Carolina.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone’s life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring, and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This position represents the Company directly to customers and the general public in an ethical and consistently reliable manner
- Actively engage prospects and assess their needs, qualifies appropriately, and align Smiths Medical solutions with needs to achieve and exceed territory targets. Builds trusting relationships with customers that encourage them to fully describe their needs.
- Works very closely with qualified medical professionals in an office, clinical, nursing facility, acute hospital, long term acute care, home health care, emergency medicine or other alternate care settings to gain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business to configure an appropriate solution
- Partner and align with Smiths clinical resources, Strategic Business Manager, account executive counterparts, and all other appropriate stakeholders proactively and throughout the sales process to maximize Smiths share of wallet and customer experience. Utilize resources to penetrate new store accounts, expand same store accounts, and create customer loyalty.
- Provides after sales service and support to maintain positive customer relationships and identify other revenue growth opportunities. Current customers are to be maintained with a regular cadence to support current business, sustain relationships, and monitor results and satisfaction with our products and solutions
- Responsible for submitting a variety of reports, including contact and accounts lists, as well as business plans to the Regional Manager in a timely and accurate manner. Maintaining and updating CRM for sales funnel and field activities completed on a daily basis. Plan prospecting and all other efforts carefully to maximize return and increase sales.
- Drive results across multiple product categories to meet and exceed assigned territory fiscal revenue and margin goals.
- Work with established Company customers within an assigned territory to best utilize Company products and services for the greatest solutions to customers and their patients. Solutions to customers includes the following areas: Clinical, Financial, Reimbursement, Service, Quality, and Reliability.
- Work collaboratively with account executive counterparts, clinical support, and Strategic Business Manager to maximize Smiths share of wallet and customer experience. Utilize resources to penetrate new store accounts, expand same store accounts, and create customer loyalty.
- Prospect for new customers in both same store and new store accounts who will gain the greatest potential utilization and benefit from Company products and services. Develop robust relationships at the account level at both financial and clinical buyer levels to maintain/grow assigned portfolio.
- Consistently work to improve personal knowledge and sales skills to become of greater value to current and potential customers and to the organization. Maintain clinical knowledge in relevant areas including trends, clinical milestones, and journal articles. Develop proficiencies within market knowledge and competitive intelligence.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of business dealings within assigned territory and submit required reports to the Regional Business Manager in a timely and accurate manner. Reports include, but are not limited to: territory customer records, sales updates and forecasts, weekly expense reports, monthly reports, and annual business plans, all managed through the Company CRM.
- Work through the sales process to ensure all KBAs are achieved and documented in CRM for all opportunities
- Within established Company policies and procedures incumbent must use extensive creative decision making and planning skills in order to accomplish goals. However, incumbent is accountable for final results and profitability of their assigned territory.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Degree in Business and/or education/experience equivalence with above average GPA.
- 3 plus years of outside sales experience; business to business or healthcare experience preferred.
- Proven expert prospecting, selling and negotiating skills in the medical device or related industry, including networking and partnering
- Some knowledge of Company and competitor products
- Computer skills for practical use with Email, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office platform
- Training skills required to effectively train customers and demonstrate Company products and services.
- Effective and creative customer problem solving skills
- Proven effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and financial skills to identify patterns and draw conclusions from data and correlate data with business needs. Experience in CRM software.
- Knowledge of medical device or related industry sales and marketing policies and procedures, reimbursement/financial protocols, and an understanding of customer business.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, car allowance and much more!
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we’re an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Job Reference: MEDNA01486
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Account+Executive&c=Smiths+Medical&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=97a4214787c41ade&rtk=1fbs40a4ru3m2800&from=rss→