Accountant – AGI – Cedar Rapids, IA
Accounting: 3 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Junge Control has been putting customers in control as the leading manufacturer of automation, measurement and blending systems for the agriculture, fuel and aerial industries. In addition to this, Junge Control is a developer of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and corporate solutions. We make manual batching and mixing a thing of the past with precise automation and control.
We are actively seeking an Accountant for Junge Control, a division of AGI. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Division Controller in the preparation of all financial and cost data.
You will work closely with and report to the Division Controller. You will work in collaboration with management staff by providing accurate and timely information to aid in decision making. We are a small and driven team that works collaboratively to meet common goals.
- Perform Accounts Payable management including entering invoices, matching to packing slips and performing vendor reconciliations
- Manage company credit cards reports including verifying that expenses are in accordance with company policy and have the appropriate approvals
- Support management with inventory tracking and periodic inventory counts
- Perform Accounts Receivable management including verifying all orders that have shipped have been invoiced
- Work with Sales team to enter sales quotes and coordinate ship dates with the production team
- Review and remit sales tax, where applicable
- Compile project reviews for management and prepare quoted vs actual analysis in collaboration with the Construction Management Team
- Provide weekly updates to the group with details on sales, backlog, and other key information
- Assist in month-end closing duties
- Identify opportunities to improve accounting and control processes, with a focus on building efficiency and effectiveness to present to the Controller for consideration
- Other projects as defined by the Controller and/or Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or with cost accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP procedures, practices, and concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Made2Manage and IFRS a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Application deadline: 2021-10-29
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have at least 3 years of Accounting experience working in the manufacturing industry?
- Do you have experience working with Made2Manage?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Accountant&c=AGI&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=92265f40d10b46c7&rtk=1fdjpu1bcu3p4800&from=rss→