Assisstant Market Grille Manager – Hy-Vee – Cedar Rapids, IA
$17 – $20 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Assistant Market Grille Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Market Grille Revision Date: 05/2018
As an Assistant Market Grille Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting the Department Manager with presenting the freshest most innovative and best quality products at a competitive retail price to customers. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Directors; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Market Grille Manager; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: Department Employees
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Checks orders for the day and sets up a timeline and production schedule.
- Reviews daily production list with department employees and assigns tasks for completion.
- Ensures food display case product is rotated and replenished.
- Scans the Market Grille area for items and areas that need to be addressed (eg. Coffee, salad case, cleanliness, kitchen repairs, and safety issues.) and assigns tasks to Market Grille staff.
- Ensures the proper amount of staff in the department to handle customer needs.
- Monitors schedule, checks on hours and duties for 14 and 15 year olds and monitors department overtime.
- Controls inventory through constant monitoring of products.
- Ensures supply area is clean and orderly.
- Rotates all perishable product with every delivery.
- Handles catering contracts.
- Follows all food safety guidelines and ensures department employees comply.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Suggests ad items for department.
- Reviews and orders signage for the department.
- Suggests in-store specials and does the intercom message.
- Assists in monthly inventory: post invoices, helps with counts, calculates intra and inter store.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat, and maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Works closely with Restaurant and Service staff.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes management duties in absence of Department Manager.
- Writes schedules for the department and is able to calculate clerk production amounts.
- Puts items/products together for catering or instructs to complete and calculates portion needed.
- Trains employees in department duties.
- Orders all products and supplies for the department.
- Understands and can perform all aspects of department duties.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, and allocates personnel.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience with Sanitation (Food Safety) courses encouraged and one year of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches and more than 20 feet with or without correction, color vision, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
This position is frequently exposed to a cool environment, dampness, noise from equipment, and vibrations from some equipment. There are possible equipment movement hazards from slicers and choppers. There is daily exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Cash register, Slicer, Telexon ordering machine, C.A.R.S. system, Fryers (breakfast grill), Ovens, Steamer, Computers (Microsoft, N.T.), Fax machine, Telephone, Copier, Calculator, Utensils, delivery van Hobart machine, stoves, grills, toasters, chicken roaster, can opener, griddle, chargrill, refrigerated food case, hot case, cold case, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, coffee maker, scales, and pop machine.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including gross percentage/sales, and employee wages.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Adoption assistance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assisstant+Market+Grille+Manager&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=56bc7a42eec3768d&rtk=1fonbsfgfu3jk800&from=rss→