Assistant Office Manager – Iowa Pediatric Dental Center – Cedar Rapids, IA
Iowa Pediatric Dental Center
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Administrative experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $36.8K – $46.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Full Job Description
Job Brief: The Assistant Practice Manager is responsible for assisting the Area Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations of the dental office. Travel to our 3 locations is required.
The Assistant Practice Manager is responsible for assisting the Area Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations of the dental offices. The APM will ensure that capable, trained, self-motivated team members and doctors, who understand and uphold the Company’s shared purpose and vision, as demonstrated by their actions, serve the offices.
- Directs and supervises employees engaged in office operations.
- Builds relationships of trust and advocates the needs for the doctor(s), staff and the Company.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific job duties.
- Provides performance management with direction of the Area Manager/ Practice Manager.
- Assists in developing and maintaining new policies and procedures for the office.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Recommends cost saving methods to improve efficiency of the office.
- Provides sales and marketing support by conducting events to present information and education on specialty services to customers and community.
- Supports the Area Manager/Practice Manager to identify and resolve concerns regarding services to customers.
- Participates in office work with team members to facilitate productivity and customer service to overcome difficult aspects.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- Travels between multiple offices as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a dental or related field.
- Effective communication and interaction with all levels of employees and customers.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and key metrics surrounding the dental field.
- Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Office Managers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Office+Manager&c=Iowa+Pediatric+Dental+Center&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7ef66ce914f224ae&rtk=1g1sm27t0ghqf800&from=rss→