Associate Actuary (Level 3) – IFRS 17 – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales, persistency and mortality or morbidity experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts, commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product development.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a team of employees.
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Programming skills.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position generally ranges between 112,000-135,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 15%.
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel may be required.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate+Actuary&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6f907b550cc35893&rtk=1g2sb2mjtjm6j800&from=rss→