Associate Director, Engineering – MA&H (Hybrid) – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for managing the pursuit, bidding, planning, program execution, and systems engineering for the Tanker Platform System Engineering Department. This position reports to the Senior Director of Military Avionics & Helicopters Engineering in the Avionics business unit of Collins Aerospace. This role is for a leader of leaders, project engineers, and architects. Success in this role is measured through exceptional program performance, combined with leading and developing our people to support the near and long-term business objectives. This individual will collaborate closely with Value Stream Leadership and Business Development.
- Extensive understanding and experience with successful avionics development programs
- Extensive experience in the pursuit and proposal phases of development including TINA-compliant bidding process
- A demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team leaders and to be a subject matter expert in the development process
- Experience with managing scope, schedule, and budget for systems development
- Experience with risk and opportunity management
- Identify, recruit, retain, and develop engineering managers, project engineers, and architects
- Build and leverage networks within the department, within Avionics, within Collins Aerospace, and with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
- Proven project execution skills in managing large systems teams using earned value
- Demonstrated engineering technical experience on complex avionics programs
- Experience with the Collins Flight2 Integrated Avionics System
- Experience with the KC-135 or KC-46 tanker aircraft platforms
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate+Director&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=5da834fc30cca2dd&rtk=1g1sm27t0ghqf800&from=rss→