Associate Director, Sourcing (Onsite) – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Collins Aerospace has an opportunity for an experienced management professional to lead our Avionics Sourcing team. The Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing will lead a team of procurement professionals responsible for managing supplier contracts, identifying and executing cost reduction initiatives, and coordinating work transfer activities in support of our established strategies. Cost, quality, and delivery of purchased material is critical to Collins Avionics ability to deliver the industry-leading products and services our Customers have come to expect and rely upon. This role is an integral part of supporting all Avionics value streams, manufacturing sites, and aftermarket services locations as we strive to exceed expectations.
** Position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. **
- Provide leadership and guidance to team of procurement professionals responsible for developing, communicating, and executing the sourcing strategy for all direct material required to satisfy Avionics operational needs.
- Monitor market conditions to anticipate trends in pricing, capacity, and supply base consolidation
- Drive and track cost reduction activities to improve product cost.
- Develop new sources of supply to support ongoing production and New Product Introduction
- Manage supplier, value stream, and cross-BU relationships to ensure alignment and promote information flow.
- Develop future leaders by identifying mentoring opportunities, providing challenging assignments, and delegating stretch projects to accelerate development.
- Mitigate supply risk by acting as an escalation point for tactical or commercial disputes.
- Negotiate and execute contracts that provide long-term value to the business by ensuring continuity of supply and price stability.
- Participate in One Company sourcing activities and cross-divisional teams to represent the interests of Avionics business.
- Oversee development, approval, and execution of Work Transfer activities supporting supply chain improvement initiatives
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required
- Supply chain/manufacturing leadership experience
- Proven knowledge of supply chain processes and techniques
- Continuous Improvement knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally (when conditions permit)
- Able to influence key stakeholders
- Able to effectively communicate and make presentations to senior and executive level leadership
- Ability to lead cross-divisional and/or cross-functional teams
- Aerospace Industry experience
- ISM certification
- PMP certification
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and markets
- ACE Associate
- Toyota Production System (TPS) experience
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate+Director&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=ce87042895e6a3f6&rtk=1g1cmfl98pkdc800&from=rss→