AVP, Data Architect – QCR Holdings, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
QCR Holdings, Inc
From $100,000 a year
Data modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
QCR Holdings, Inc.
TITLE: AVP, Data Architect
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Waterloo or Springfield
REPORTS TO: VP of Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA)
A Data Architect is a senior visionary, who translates business requirements into technology requirements and defines data standards and guiding principles. The selected candidate will be responsible for visualizing and designing the QCRH Enterprise Data Management (EDM) framework. This framework describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data. They will also provide a standard common business vocabulary, express strategic requirements, outline high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements to align with enterprise strategy and related business and IT architecture. Banking experience is highly desirable. This position will contribute to the development of data procedures and policies, model, strategy, master data management and streamline QCRH data, reporting and analytics systems; while driving innovation around enterprise-wide BIA capabilities, including analysis and visualization for optimal data design solutions (cloud-based plus both externally hosted and on-premises capabilities).
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
- Define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees.
- Define reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve BIA data systems.
- Define data flows (conceptual, logical vs. physical) such as:
- Which parts of the organization generate data (source/system of records)?
- Which require data to function (data development life cycle)?
- How are data flows managed?
- How data changes in transition?
- Data purge and archive capabilities including data retention policies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors regarding data design for all BIA related activities.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to solve business challenges.
- This role will serve as a key leader, change agent and technology advisor supporting new solutions, design changes, process improvements, and increased feature/functionality usage activities across the business to drive synergies that fit into prioritized strategic and non-strategic activities (roadmaps and projects).
- Foster a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across QCRH.
- Four-year degree in a related technology field (e.g., information technology, computer science, computer engineering, etc.) with a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a data engineering, data designer or data architect working with relevant BIA applications, big data solutions, data management and data visualization tools.
- Essential knowledge on software development principles and architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution, and implement it using advanced data design and delivery methods.
- Familiarity with programming for data analysis; ideally Python, SQL, or R.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around data design concepts and methods to continuously leverage business data and improve the user experience.
- Great work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of both relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Hackolade, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, strategic planning and operational execution skills.
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important business goals.
- Proven track record in leveraging tools such as PowerDesigner (RDBMS) and Hackolade (NoSQL) extended features.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau), data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop), Data as a Service (DaaS), event streaming using Kafka and data streaming using GoldenGate, GoldenGate for Big Data, Kafka, MongoDB and various RDBMS platforms (Oracle, SQL Server) is a plus.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Data modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Avp&c=QCR+Holdings&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6185f0f1d5944495&rtk=1fdjpu1bcu3p4800&from=rss→