Backhaul Coordinator – CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $33.1K – $41.9K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What’s Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Division: CRST Dedicated Solutions East. Our Dedicated Solutions division is focused on service excellence to retailers and producers who need consistent, dependable, high quality delivery services. We provide customers the flexibility of a private fleet, without the expense.
Job Summary: The Backhaul Administrator is responsible for understanding our Dedicated customers, freight patterns, and routes to solicit daily, weekly, and monthly freight from customers or brokers to reduce our empty miles and improve our overall revenue.
Shift: Mon-Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Work with Dedicated Operations team to identify opportunies for backhauls for their specific dedicated fleets.
- Use Load Boards (DAT, Internet Truckstop, etc.) to locate backhaul opportunities that satisfy business needs.
- Utlize internal freight opportunities from other divisions to satisfy backhaul needs.
- Create relationships with freight brokers and customer to create consistant backhaul opportunities for the Dedicated fleets.
- Negotiate rates with Shippers and Brokers, and make sure rates are entered into the system.
- Responsible for volume and revenue aspects of freight solicited
- Look for and identify opportunities within our network through various internal reports.
- Supervise on-time pick-ups, deliveries, routings, and other transit time factors.
- Communicate directly with the customers providing delays, service failures, issues that may arise, or any other details necessary regarding our service.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of DOT regulations for over-the-road drivers including e-logs, permits, hazmat, weight restrictions, etc.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-2+ years related experience required.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- AA or BA in relevant field preferred.
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
The CRST core values: Safety at the Core of All We Do – Integrity in Every Decision and Action – Commitment to the Success of Employees, Customers, Agents, Contractors and Communities.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Backhaul+Coordinator&c=CRST+The+Transportation+Solution&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=195abe0d8d80d937&rtk=1g63bevesq6fd800&from=rss→