Banquet Server – Hotel Millwright – IDM Hospitality Management – Amana, IA
IDM Hospitality Management
BANQUET SERVER – HOTEL MILLWRIGHT
SUMMARY SCOPE OF ROLE
Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/RELEVANT WORK QUALIFICATIONS
High school or equivalent education required.
Minimum of six months-prior experience in banquet service required.
Must be of minimum age to serve alcohol.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 60% Set function rooms in accordance to client and sales instruction to best meet the needs of the group. Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate Queen Mary, as provided.
- 30% Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
- 10% Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints and assist the guests in accordance to the standards of operation.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment, i.e., china, glass, silver, items and props, ensuring proper storage after use.
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK HOURS
This is an hourly position and will be scheduled based on operational need/coverage.
Ability to lift to 50lbs, clearly verbally communicate with employees and public. speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other associates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Banquet+Server&c=IDM+Hospitality+Management&l=Amana%2C+IA&jk=aa77585ff60caad6&rtk=1fdh7eknehinq800&from=rss→