Bookkeeper/Office Manager – IT Solutions – North Liberty, IA
$15 – $25 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
IT Solutions is a 37-year-old local technology company that has an immediate opening for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper. This is a regular, not temporary, position and we are looking for a long-term employee that fits in well with our team. Be a team player capable of tackling multiple accounting duties and someone who enjoys a fun and fast paced team environment.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper/Office Manager at our office location that has extensive QuickBooks experience. You would work with our Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and our Inventory, along with some General Ledger work. As a small company, our whole team contributes to keeping the spaces clean and performing other miscellaneous tasks so please be ready to assist with those responsibilities as well.
Attention to detail is a must as our inventory tracking process involves reconciling our system and physical inventory of small parts with long and very similar part numbers. Our inventory is managed through QuickBooks which is why you must have experience, but we will train anyone capable and willing to learn inventory management.
Around 20% of your time would be working with QuickBooks however we use other software for Time Tracking, Customer Ticketing, Customer Contracts, Monthly Billing and more. We are willing to train you on the additional software if you are driven to learn the software and become a system expert.
We need someone that can work unsupervised most of the time and can identify, prioritize, and complete tasks on their own. About 80-90% of this job will be in front of multiple computer screens. If you are the person that everyone goes to when they have questions, this is the job for you. While you need to be VERY comfortable with computers and accounting, our entire team will be at your side to help you learn our systems.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Primary Job Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include entering Accounts Payable invoices accurately, preparing Accounts Receivable invoices for review, sending invoices to customers, posting customer payments, following up with customers and vendors as needed. The ideal candidate will possess a fundamental understanding of basic accounting principles, be results oriented, and have a willingness to learn and grow professionally.
Other responsibilities include:
- Clerical duties such as scanning documents daily
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation and grammar, and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability and desire to learn new software systems
- Provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries
- Participate in special projects and prepare reports as needed
- Manage Company Assets
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Assist with preparation and organization of monthly accounting data and help to find requested detail for transactions
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Shipping and receiving
- Vendor return authorization management and tracking
- Vendor license management and reconciliation to customer billing
- Provide back-up and additional support to co-workers
- Experience with documentation (writing and/or proof reading) will move you towards the front of the pack of applicants
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong skills in operating a personal computer and accounting software
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for clarification when needed
- Self-motivated individual driven to solve problems
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with others
- Learning mindset with focus on continuous process improvement
We offer a wide range of benefits including health care, life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a retirement plan with company matching contributions. All benefits are subject to company policies and limitations which will be disclosed with a job offer.
We are an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Bookkeeping: 3 Years minimum
- Accounting Software: 3 Years minimum (QuickBooks Desktop Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & Outlook: 3 Years minimum
Candidates will be required to demonstrate their skills in the above areas.
- Ability to sit in front of computer monitors for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift large boxes (help is available for oversize or extra heavy boxes)
- Ability to bend to access items on lower shelves, climb stairs to upper deck of warehouse, and climb short ladders to reach items up high
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Your responsibilities would be in the office so you would not interact with the public regularly. We have sectioned off the office to minimize contact between staff and have upgraded our air filtration.
- When will you be available to start?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Bookkeeper+Office+Manager&c=IT+Solutions&l=North+Liberty%2C+IA&jk=519b4d7455435005&rtk=1fb6s79n7u4fm800&from=rss→