Breakfast Attendant – Holiday Inn Express – Cedar Rapids, IA
Holiday Inn Express
$15 an hour
Full Job Description
The Breakfast Attendant is responsible for servings our guests during breakfast at the hotel. This person must have good communication skills and work well in a fast-paced position with constant customer contact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up the daily Breakfast Buffet as assigned.
- Maintain a clean buffet and dining area.
- Wipe dining tables as guest depart.
- Monitor, cook and stock breakfast items throughout the shift.
- Follow all food, health and safety procedures at all times including wearing gloves while handling food and washing hands regularly.
- Stock designated supply of silverware, glassware, chinaware and other equipment for service.
- Monitor and maintain correct temperature of food at all times.
- Partner with vendors to place orders for supplies keeping within budget and maintaining brand standards.
- Remain professional in appearance and conduct at all times.
- Wash, dry and stock dishes.
- Ensure smooth guest service each morning.
- Complete closing duties as directed.
- Maintain checkbook, entering every purchase order into the checkbook as directed.
- Accountable for actions and decisions.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Clean and sanitize service lines, beverage dispensing equipment and other equipment as directed.
- Communicate with management issues regarding safety and service in a timely manner.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or concerns.
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Support NHS’s open-door communication policy.
Required Skills and Experience
- Background in food and beverage service preferred but not required.
- Ability to carry multiple dishes at one time.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, unassisted.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Breakfast+Attendant&c=Holiday+Inn+Express&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=24fa4de9e590706c&rtk=1g8nltrcckbls800&from=rss→