Buyer – Reinhart Foodservice – Cedar Rapids, IA
The Buyer is responsible for negotiating the purchase of quality products at competitive prices and maintaining adequate inventories to meet customer demand. Functions as a team member within the department and cross-functions, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Effectively manage the disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Consult with vendors regarding current orders and new products.
- Initiate orders, schedule deliveries and process related paperwork and documentation.
- Provide product and pricing information to sales staff.
- Investigate protein product quality complaints.
- Complete special projects, as needed.
- Attain targeted profit margins as determined by the company’s business goals.
- Maintain product costing and pricing and ensure accurate purchase orders.
- Effectively implement buying/purchasing strategies such that product is purchased in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Manage inventory levels to the designated goal level.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years buyer level foodservice experience.
- Must be organized with excellent communications skills and can effectively solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have previous experience in purchasing produce products for a foodservice distribution center.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, self motivated, dedicated to customer service, and able to multi-task with tight deadlines; possess the ability to understand how to obtain company goals, and remain calm under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
- College degree.
- Food service distribution experience.
Address Line 1
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Buyer&c=Reinhart+Foodservice&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9ce30e8ed875c180&rtk=1fk8vnj923ocl000&from=rss→