Comprehensive Services Supervisor – Inn Circle – HACAP – Cedar Rapids, IA
$25.49 an hour
Full Job Description
Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
The Head Start/Early Head Start Comprehensive Services Supervisor is a management position that supervises Head Start/Early Head Start operations at a specific site. The position is responsible for building a team that will plan, implement and maintains a nurturing and supportive educational program for participating families and children. The position oversees the day-to-day implementation of all Head Start/Early Head Start component and DHS Licensing standards for a site with 1 or more classrooms. The Supervisor assures that all Head Start families served at the site receive comprehensive program services.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; $25.49 per hour
- This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance, program records, and documentation required for HACAP programs, child-care licensing regulations, CACFP, Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act and funding requirements.
- Supervise, hire, and evaluate program staff working in classrooms and with families, including coordination of staff/volunteer schedules.
- Responsible for classroom oversight and management.
- Fill in as a substitute in a Head Start/Early Head Start classroom and perform job duties required to meet child ratios or to keep the site operational.
- Supervise and facilitate the coordination of center services with the interdisciplinary team and other human service professionals toward service coordination.
- Inform Head Start/Early Head Start Director of center issues, which may affect program or agency compliance or image.
- Supervise the coordination of social service/parent involvement services at the center, and provide guidance to counselors, family and service staff.
- Oversee and attend parent committee meetings.
- Advocate for families in the program and encourage their participation in all levels of program activities.
- Develop an effective partnership with parents based on mutual trust and respect.
- Maintain ongoing communication both formal and informal with parents.
- Provide guidance to staff supervised.
- Promote a supportive environment that reinforces working together as a team.
- Maintain clean and sanitary classroom, kitchen, bathroom, outdoor play area and entryway area utilized by children and their families before, during and after class as needed. Follow established maintenance requirements of the Head Start Early Head Start program.
- Participate in program assessment.
- Performs other duties as directed by the HS/EHS Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education and two years experience in a licensed preschool/daycare
Bachelor s degree in related field with 18 credit hours of Early Childhood coursework or current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential and three years experience in a licensed preschool/daycare
Bachelor s degree with an endorsement to teach at the early childhood level and two years of experience
- One year supervisory experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.
- Being vaccinated against Covid-19 by January 31, 2022.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Comprehensive+Service+Supervisor&c=HACAP&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=4fb8ff18e8efbfbc&rtk=1fldlul3qu42l800&from=rss→