Customer Service – Hy-Vee, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Customer Service
FLSA : Non-Exempt
Responsible for processing mail, Western Union orders, utility bills, cashing checks, selling money orders, collecting dry cleaning orders for customers. Additionally, always maintaining a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Weighs postal packages, runs mail through meters, processes certified, express, UPS, registered, and insured mail.
- Processes Western Union orders.
- Processes Western Union orders.
- Sells money orders, cashes payroll, personal, ADC, and social security checks.
- Sells hunting and fishing licenses.
- Breaks down and puts money in utility drawers.
- Signs on postal department, breaks down, and turns off postal register.
- Processes paid outs.
- Sends faxes for customers.
- Counts the days’ coupons.
- Processes refunds for customers and department approved refunds.
- Answers the telephone for the store using appropriate telephone techniques.
- Utilizes the intercom system for paging, etc. using appropriate procedures.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Signs on and off lottery machines.
- Assists customers with dry cleaning where applicable.
- Assists customers at the registers where necessary.
- Sells and redeems lottery tickets.
- Processes bottle refunds.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction
Education and Experience
High school or equivalent experience and over six months up to one year of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of less than 20 inches and more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform this job: Stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, talking, and hearing.
This position is continuously exposed to dirt and noise. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Fax, telephone, equipment used in the postal area, lottery and money order machines, Western Union equipment, computer, and cash register, intercom.
Has daily contact with customers, weekly contact with suppliers/vendors, and monthly contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Customer+Service&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=e8ac254e0765adb7&rtk=1g2ceso43j479800&from=rss→