Customer Service Manager – Forward Air, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Forward Air, Inc
Full Job Description
Position: Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for providing a “best in class” customer experience by creating and developing a team of customer service professionals who specialize in managing both internal and external expectations. The Customer Service Manager resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution via phone, e-mail or mail. Manage Supervisors of customer service department.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution via phone, e-mail or mail. Manage Supervisors of customer service department
- Works closely with Operations team to ensure orders, shipments and corresponding data are accurate and timely, and develops and monitors performance metrics to improve overall service levels
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices
- Research issues and resolve problems for internal and external customers. Provide timely feedback and available solutions.
- Update date records based on customer confirming deleted services
- Confirmation Calling; call outbound to customers to set up/notify delivery and service time frames daily to ensure accurate delivery windows provided to customers on a daily basis
- Responsible for individual and team metrics, goals and objectives to be achieved or exceeded.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Three to five years customer service related work experience preferred. Minimum two – three years supervisory experience required
- High level of direct customer contact requiring strong communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills. Working knowledge of company policies, practices and customer related matters as well home appliance knowledge is helpful. This position may require shift work
- Ability to solve practical problems, resolve issues and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Motivate a professional staff with clear goals, defined areas of accountability, performance initiatives, career development programs and performance evaluations
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Expert-level analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Innate ability to solve difficult problems
- Work in high pressure – stress situations
- Must have advanced computer skills
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Customer+Service+Manager&c=Forward+Air&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=c3014d26043e0465&rtk=1fceigkbdu4gh800&from=rss→