Delivery Assistant – Eastern Iowa Cartage – Cedar Rapids, IA
Eastern Iowa Cartage
$16 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
***$2,500 Sign On Bonus***
Free Employee Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- $2,500 Sign On Bonus
- Free Employee Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare vehicle for operation by loading of vehicles, securing a variety of items, objects, materials and boxes as well as verifying the accuracy of shipping papers
- Verify all order numbers to ensure proper freight is loaded onto the delivery vehicle.
- Deliver orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers’ needs. Also, looking for other resources required to properly find navigate to unconfirmed addresses.
- Maintain communication with company during deliveries to ensure any updated instructions are received.
- Document delivery, accuracy and receipt of orders by the customer according to company directives and report any discrepancies to company
- Increase customer satisfaction by collecting information, feedback on service and resolving complaints per company policy; communicate information back to company
- Safely operate warehouse equipment as required
- Perform occasional warehouse duties
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Understand and follow proper radio etiquette while communicating to operations.
- Properly utilize all systems required in the delivery process, including adding relevant notes and completing digital forms when required.
- Understanding what type of deliveries are on the exclusion list for White glove assemblies.
- Act as the guide for the driver 100% of the time the delivery vehicle is moving backwards.
- Performing a 30-minute Pre-Call (courtesy) to every customer. This MUST be a phone call, not a text.
- Properly breaking down all debris before adding to the dumpsters.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Delivers world class customer service-PROVIDING THE BEST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Able to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Recognizes and understands product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Pass a drug screen, background check, and pre-employment physical screening
- Operate a lift gate on delivery vehicle
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects and/or packages and/or materials of varying sizes and weight.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, bending and reaching
- Requires reaching both parallel with body and over head
- Must work outdoors and indoors in all weather conditions including extreme cold and heat.
- Must be able to operate handheld computer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Are you legally eligible to be employed in the United States? (Proof of identity and eligibility will be required upon employment):
- Are you at least 18 years or older? (If no, you may be required to provide authorization to work):
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying, with or without a reasonable accommodation?:
- Are you able to lift 100 pounds without assistance?:
- Do you have experience using a pallet jack?:
- Do you have experience using a two-wheel cart (hand truck)?:
- Are you able to maintain a positive attitude at work?:
- Have you ever been disciplined by any employer for violating an attendance policy?:
- Have you ever been convicted of a financial related crime?:
- Have you ever been convicted of a violent crime?:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Delivery+Assistant&c=Eastern+Iowa+Cartage&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=b109c6bcb79f9fec&rtk=1f7t3250ju23n800&from=rss→