Directional Drill Operator – Advanced Directional Drilling – Cedar Rapids, IA
Advanced Directional Drilling
$20 – $35 an hour
Directional Drilling operation: 1 year (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
CDL A (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Advanced Directional Drilling is seeking an experienced and reliable directional drill operator to help our fast growing company. This position is located in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area.
About Advanced Directional Drilling
Advanced Directional Drilling is a fast-growing underground utility contractor headquartered in Dubuque, IA. We offer directional drilling, hydro excavation, and utility locating services throughout the Midwest. Our employees enjoy competitive pay, per diem when overnight travel is required, flexible schedule, 6 paid holidays, 401(k), health insurance, and paid time off.
- Determine best bore path with locator to ensure all utilities have been located and develop a plan for going above, below, or around each utility or obstacle in the bore path
- Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground utilities including electric, gas, water, sewer, and telecommunications
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment
- Ability to read, understand, and implement utility construction prints
- Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control
- Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities
- Aid in the restoration of any landscapes disturbed during construction
- Ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications and local codes
- Operates vehicles for transport to job site.
- Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned
- 3 years of horizontal directional drill locating experience
- CDL class “A” driver’s license
- Valid DOT Health Card
- Strong verbal communication skills with crew, customers, and vendors.
- Experience operating Ditch Witch Equipment
- Experience operating excavator and hydro excavator
- Experience using a utility locator
- Knowledge of general utility construction design and standards
- Travel may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Directional Drilling operation: 1 year (Required)
- CDL A (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Directional+Drill+Operator&c=Advanced+Directional+Drilling&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=4ba398926fbd02ee&rtk=1fo7itth7u4pe800&from=rss→