Director, Customer Care – BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC – Cedar Rapids, IA
BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC
Full Job Description
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives – tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone’s job at Blucora, we’ve attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
TaxAct, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management and Avantax Planning Partners is seeking a Director, Customer Care who would be responsible for assisting management with leading the daily operations in a fast-paced environment. You will lead the strategy, planning, and execution of how Care Center supports and retains our Assisted customers. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, evaluating, and coordinating the operational and service activities to ensure that the Customer Care Center goals and objectives are met. Oversees leadership responsible for ensuring resources are utilized efficiently, per all production objectives, and in ways that consistently promote customer quality and satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the Director, Customer Care position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and lead daily efforts to provide great customer and employee experience and to effectively plan, schedule, real-time manage, and leverage resources to achieve business objectives.
- Lead, guide and manage supervisor and staff; ensure that employees have a clear understanding of performance expectations, provide feedback, recognition, and coaching to continuously improve employee performance; maintain accountability within the department.
- Provide feedback and guidance to continuously improve training and quality assurance programs, and departmental initiatives.
- Ensure staff is providing the appropriate real-time oversight and take appropriate action to meet service level goals and maximize efficiency.
- Develop, recommend, and oversee the implementation of short and long-term strategies, goals and objectives, new programs, and operational/service initiatives.
- Identify and analyze information and customer trends and determine process improvements.
- Develop, recommend, and enforce policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards of operation and assist in the development and coordination of corporate and departmental policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Interview, select, and evaluate the performance of all direct reports.
- Other job duties as defined.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6-8 years leadership and management experience, preferably with experience leading large teams; experience leading virtual teams.
- Enrolled Agent (EA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or practicing tax attorney. May also accept IRS Annual Filing Season Program participants with a Record of Completion a plus.
- Experience with online tax software is a plus.
- Experience leading service programs that focus on delivering measurable business outcomes and value with a high degree of focus on operational excellence.
- Cross-functional leadership experience partnering to influence different functions at all levels.
- Identifies and leads strategic initiatives and process improvements to impact customer experience and business outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, visual, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proficient analytical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to move between the strategic and tactical with ease.
- Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with teammates, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to work independently and willing to function as part of a team.
- Experience working in high-pressure, fast-paced seasonal work environments.
- Experience with Zoom or other virtual training and web conferencing software.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora, considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Director&c=BCADS+BCOR+Administrative+Services&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=86c04326587ef151&rtk=1fc422is2u1vk800&from=rss→