Dishwasher – Carlos O'Kelly's – Iowa City, IA
Full Job Description
Thrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned restaurant company that’s been in business for over 50 years, and we’re looking for the next member of our family. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities in which we live. If you want to work in a fun family atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and hospitality, this is the place for you.
We started Carlos O’Kelly’s in 1981, and since then have been serving up Mex From Scratch, oven-baked dishes becoming known for our legendary margarita’s, house-made chips and famous queso and salsa. Here, the spirit of generosity and the flavor of celebration is shared by all who gather around the table. Our guiding value is “Pouring out Generosity”.
Role: General Utility
Invitation: To make a difference by loving people through service. You’ll be responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment, plate ware and utensils – keeping it all clean, sanitary and orderly. You’ll also assist in food preparation activities and as a member of the Kitchen Team, you will work-in and be cross-trained in all kitchen department roles.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Scrapes and pre-rinses food from dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine (50%*).
- Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand and/or machine (15%*).
- Completes all assigned prep work (10%*).
- Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area (10%*).
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerator equipment, cooking equipment and floors (5%*).
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles (5%*).
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down the dish machine (5%*).
- A desire to care for others, grow, and learn.
- A positive attitude.
- Transports cases up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per day.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on both high and low shelves.
- Works indoors (90%*), outdoors (10%*).
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
There are physical demands that come with this role. To be successful in this role you’ll be regularly required to 1) navigate throughout the restaurant and communicate with guests, 2) move and grasp items up to five pounds, 3) occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, 4) bend and stoop. You must have adequate vision to be able to discern cleanliness throughout the restaurant and operate a touchscreen. To perform these essential functions, reasonable accommodations may be made if you have disabilities.
Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#9uv #SourcingPro #9uv #carlosokellys
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Dishwasher&c=Carlos+O%27Kelly%27s&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=17fa5818c5040b9d&rtk=1fnsv5h23hilt800&from=rss→