DoD Skillbridge Opportunities – Cummins – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
DoD SkillBridge Opportunities
Please note: Your application will be considered for all DoD SkillBridge opportunities within the United States.This is a military transitional program that does not provide compensation through Cummins.
Cummins has an 80-year history of providing quality service and dependable power solutions to our Armed Forces. We are extremely honored of this bond with our service members and would be proud to have YOU join forces with us once your service ends!
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cummins will consider any Active duty member that is eligible for the DoD SkillBridge program however, for immediate consideration, Cummins is looking for Military members to fill the following roles:
- Diesel & Power Generation Technicians – Onsite opportunities throughout specific locations throughout the United States
- Supply Chain & Logistics – Onsite and potential for partially remote opportunities at specific locations throughout the United States
- Program/Project Management – Onsite, remote, and potential for partially remote opportunities at specific locations throughout the United States
Cummins DoD SkillBridge criteria:
- Must be a current Active Duty Servicemember
- Must be separating from the Military in 4-12 months
- Must be able to complete a minimum of 8 weeks and up to a maximum of 6 months SkillBridge internship
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- Willingness to learn from others on the job
Compensation and Benefits
This is a military transitional program that does not provide compensation through Cummins. If selected for full-time employment with Cummins upon completion of SkillBridge you will be eligible for: base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $38.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a current Active Duty Servicemember?
Work Location: One location
Hiring 10+ candidates for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Dod+Skillbridge+Opportunity&c=Cummins&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=0e815848ce66b6f9&rtk=1g510pebsghql800&from=rss→