Electronics Technician (Onsite) – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
The primary responsibility for this role will be supporting the AFD-37X0 displays. The candidate will require troubleshooting experience and may work with customer returned goods (CRG’s) on occasion.
The job responsibilities include:
- Works under minimal supervision to provide technical support to engineers on a variety of engineering tasks.
- Performs complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects.
- Leads lower level support staff in the diagnosis and resolution of malfunctions for test setups and equipment.
- Conducts complex materials test and analysis.
- Leads lower level support staff to confer with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results.
- Works with other engineers to design, develop, and implement procedures for testing systems and equipment.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
- Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
- Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and design changes.
- Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience OR In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Sign-on bonus will be in consideration for external candidates only
- Experience with displays
- Circuit level troubleshooting experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Electronic+Technician&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=112ca3bc5623e529&rtk=1g1huq8q1r0kr800&from=rss→