Experienced Commercial Roofer – D.C. Taylor Co. – Cedar Rapids, IA
D.C. Taylor Co
A commercial roof technician at D. C. Taylor Co. is involved in all aspects of the roofing trade, from tear-off to repair and maintenance. Primary roofing systems installed include TPO, PVC, modified bitumen, and EPDM. A roof technician installs roof-related sheet metal including gutters and downspouts, gravel stop, drip edge, gable trim, and copings. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with crew members to remove and install commercial roofing systems in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure projects are completed according to D. C. Taylor Co. policies under the direction of the project supervisor.
- Assure that all work is completed per customer and D. C. Taylor Co. requirements.
- Assist with roof clean up; keep work area safe and maintained with good housekeeping practices.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss job site safety, project progress, and schedule.
- Assist in staging roof areas with equipment and required materials.
- Inspect safety equipment daily and ensure all company equipment is in safe working condition.
- Must be capable of performing strenuous activity relative to tear-off, carrying, and disposing of roofing material.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to travel 2-5 week at a time possibly more.
Preferred Not Required
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Roofing field experience or formal technical training.
- OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Specialized training: crane CCL, forklift, rigging, aerial work platform, roof system specific training, CERTA, etc.
D. C. Taylor Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Experienced+Commercial+Roofer&c=D.C.+Taylor&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=c64a36a0c850be1a&rtk=1fan040o7u4hv800&from=rss→