Firmware Designer – Infoyogi – Cedar Rapids, IA
$75,000 – $85,000 a year
Embedded software: 5 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Firmware Designer (13059781)
Location: 100% onsite at Cedar Rapids, IA
Project Duration: 12 months (Possible Extension)
Rate: Do let us know your expectations
No travel required
MS Teams virtual video conference
We are looking for a senior embedded design engineer to be part of a multi-functional design environment with individual responsibility in the following areas:
Zigbee Communication is critical
C programming & debugging on Cortex M based microcontrollers
Zigbee (preferable Silabs emberNet based)
Experience in real-time, low-level peripheral and driver layers (i.e. NVIC, ADC, UART, I2C, SPI)
Experience in software development lifecycle (i.e. source control, requirements, testing, preferable to have emphasis in Safety & Cybersecurity)
- Expand and modify existing firmware to meet marketing requirements
- Performs development (coding and/or testing) of a part of an embedded software solution whose specification and architecture are defined.
- Effective use and adherence to Project Development and product evolution tools and process.
- Conduct firmware design reviews with peers to gain knowledge on the best practices.
- Post product launch responsibilities including customer support.
- Work with the formal verification team to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products.
- Must be able to work with 3rd party certification agencies such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Firmware development using Integrated Development Environment (IDEs).
- Conduct research development of Firmware & Hardware combination for new designs with potential patentable solutions.
- Experience with wireless communications technologies and protocols such as Bluetooth and Zigbee
In addition, you will be part of the largest corporation in the world dedicated to the safe distribution and control of electrical energy. As such Schneider Electric is a global company headquartered in Paris with power protection product design centers in Grenoble, France, Shanghai, China, and Cedar Rapids Iowa. Much cross collaboration occurs with these design centers.
This position is located in the Cedar Rapids Iowa global design center. Expectation is approximately 10% travel locally or overseas to affiliate sites, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or software engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Master’s or PhD degree or candidate is a plus.
- +5 years of experience working in a new software development, embedded firmware design implementation.
- Experience with 32-bit microcontroller based designs.
- Experience in digital signal processing, the candidate shall be able to articulate her/his role and the contribution.
- Working experience coding with C Language for microcontrollers applications, MatLab, SQL.
- LabView programming experience is a plus.
- Be able to show a new software product development success as a team member and be able to articulate his/her role.
- Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized documentation and approval management environment)
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cedar Rapids, IA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Embedded software: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 63%
Hiring 5 candidates for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Firmware+Designer&c=Infoyogi&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f37ae79bb77cf1ea&rtk=1g1q07omthapk800&from=rss→