Floor Technician – Mount Mercy University – Cedar Rapids, IA
Mount Mercy University
Full Job Description
About Mount Mercy
Mount Mercy University is a Catholic, coeducational University founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928 enrolling approximately 1600 students. The University offers a variety of liberal arts, professional, accelerated and graduate degree programs on a picturesque campus overlooking the city.
Mount Mercy University is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Full-time Custodian, a non-exempt (hourly) position.
- As a member of the Mount Mercy Facilities custodial staff, you are responsible for ensuring the high state of cleanliness of the campus.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Personal safety as well as the safety of those who use the space in which you work and clean.
- Professionalism in manner, dress, and attitude.
- Knowledge of custodial work or a willingness to learn.
- Capable of being around cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise.
- Ability to operate or learn the operation of floor care equipment.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Regularly required to use hands, also bend, kneel and crouch.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands, arms.
- Occasionally will inhale mild chemical fumes or come in contact with dirt and residue.
- 8 hours total per day, 5 days a week. Work schedule to be determined by the Custodial Supervisor.
Please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and contact information for three professional references. Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Floor Technician Employee.” Paper applications will not be accepted. Position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate must also demonstrate a willingness to support Mount Mercy University’s mission as a Catholic university providing student-focused education in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy. Mount Mercy University welcomes those of different faiths and is committed to excellence in education and community service. Mount Mercy University is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Floor+Technician&c=Mount+Mercy+University&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d6985429493f0dc6&rtk=1fktt6fjcu3qf800&from=rss→