Generator Technician-RELO OFFERED (ClnIA) – Centerline Communications – Cedar Rapids, IA
$26 – $32 an hour
Driver’s License (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
**NOW OFFERING RELOCATION BONUS UP TO $5000**
Due to exponential growth, Centerline Communications is proud to announce that we have recently been awarded long term growth opportunities that should not be passed up! As we continue to grow, we are hiring skilled Generator Technicians to join us on our journey.
- Strong commitment to safety and training provided
- Permanent employment with competitive wages
- Steady, local career opportunities with a rapidly growing company
- Generous bonus of up to $2,250 per referral
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, etc.)
- 120 hours paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401K matching, profit sharing
- Paid uniforms and top of the line fleet of trucks (take home)
- Relocation bonus available
The Generator Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on select customer generators. This includes electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems. The position is part of our Managed Services Division and works with our Service Team who are responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all work orders and preventative maintenance tickets.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on select customer generators. Includes electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components of the generator, engine and switch gear
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Candidate must be well versed in basic maintenance safety principles, lockout/tag out procedures, and personal protective equipment usage. Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Leverage appropriate communication strategies (email, phone call, etc.) to be highly effective at managing customer expectations on a professional and proactive basis. Must also leverage this same skill set to work through customer conflict/concerns. Avoid foreseeable customer issues through planning ahead.
Required Education and Experience
- Five to seven years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse Generator service issues
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Generator Certifications preferred
- Microsoft Office experience (specifically Word and Excel)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with some irregular hours. Some weekends and evenings required, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers. Occasional overnight and ravel to sites is required.
Offers are contingent upon drug test, background check, and MVR screens.
generator, generator technician, hvac, hvac technician, telecommunications, commercial, industrial, maintenance, troubleshooting, technician, telecom, 5G, tower lead, veteran, wireless, certification, electrical, mechanical
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Hiring 1 candidate for this role