Global Trade Specialist – Remote – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Businesses Collins Aerospace
Job ID 01466533
Most Recent Date Posted 08/11/2021
City Cedar Rapids
Country United States
United States of America
RCIA1: Iowa Remote Remote Location , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52402 USA
- The Product Classification Associate establishes the foundational information needed to Export and Import Collins Aerospace products. Determining the commodity code, legal control, and country of origin is the primary function of this position. This is done through a technical analysis of schematics and engineering drawings, maintenance manuals, internal Collins Aerospace engineering tools, and detailed technical discussions with engineering and with external suppliers and customers. Applicants need to have technical education and knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and software engineering concepts to determine a products operation, exacting technical functions, and have an ability to hold very technical communications with design engineers to ensure products are classified correctly. This individual will be required to interpret U.S. export and import regulations. This position has the responsibility for carrying out daily activities related to product classification. A high level of communication, time management, technical, and organizational skills are required to excel at this role. This individual will also work with the classification team and Central Global Trade to drive consistency in the interpretation of the regulations and how they apply to our products.
- This position reports directly to the Technology Team Manager and will also provide support and guidance to all areas of the business including Engineering, Export Relationship Managers, and the Import Compliance Team as it relates to both Avionics and Missions Systems products.
- This individual will operate with a fair amount of independence, but will need to be able to communicate clearly with their team. This individual may also be required to develop electronic solutions, assist with SAP and xClass integrations, provide training on occasion, and many other requests to support both Avionics and Mission Systems need for classification of our products.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- This position requires a desire to learn a new skill set in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Technical background – ability to understand technical drawings
- Project Management experience
- A working knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR – 22 CFR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR – 15 CFR) would be a benefit but not required.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to learn and utilize many different application tools (SAP, SharePoint, Excel, Quantum, EASE, Access, Web based tools, etc.)
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture of what is needed for the enterprise and investigate other opportunities through innovation to accomplish goals.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Global+Trade+Specialist&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7bdf41ae446db5df&rtk=1fcuekf3lu21g800&from=rss→