Host / Hostess – Carlos O'Kelly's – Iowa City, IA
Full Job Description
Thrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned restaurant company that’s been in business for over 50 years, and we’re looking for the next member of our family. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities in which we live. If you want to work in a fun family atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and hospitality, this is the place for you.
We started Carlos O’Kelly’s in 1981, and since then have been serving up Mex From Scratch, oven-baked dishes becoming known for our legendary margarita’s, house-made chips and famous queso and salsa. Here, the spirit of generosity and the flavor of celebration is shared by all who gather around the table. Our guiding value is “Pouring out Generosity”.
Invitation: To make a difference by loving people with a bright smile. You’ll be responsible for enthusiastically greeting guests as they arrive and depart from the restaurant. You’ll assist guests to their seats and maintain the overall guest flow of the restaurants – all with a caring sense of hospitality so whether a guest is starting or ending their experience, it’s in a positive way.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing. (40%*)
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities. (35%*)
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full. (10%*)
- Provides guest assistance to servers as needed. (5%*)
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes cleaning as assigned. (5%*)
- Fills out the feature board and inflates balloons. (5%*).
- A desire to care for others, grow, and learn.
- A positive attitude.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high-chair) up to 15 pounds up to 15
- times a shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
There are physical demands that come with this role. To be successful in this role you’ll be regularly required to 1) navigate throughout the restaurant and communicate with guests, 2) move and grasp items up to five pounds, 3) occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, 4) bend and stoop. You must have adequate vision to be able to discern cleanliness throughout the restaurant and operate a touchscreen. To perform these essential functions, reasonable accommodations may be made if you have disabilities.
Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In this role you are paid the tip credit minimum wage, plus tips. This is an average estimate, only, and actual take home pay varies based on availability.#0uv #applebees841host #SourcingPro #carlosokellys #carlosokellys841host
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Host&c=Carlos+O%27Kelly%27s&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=2f750edea8cb6d08&rtk=1g17aq1vlq0sk800&from=rss→