HR Generalist – TekwissenGroup – Cedar Rapids, IA
From $40 an hour
Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
HR strategies and policies: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Tek Wissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our client is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation. It operates in five segments: Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation, Healthcare, and Capital. The company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and oil and gas production equipment to medical imaging, financing, and industrial products.
Provide HR Manager support and expertise for the Client plants in Albia and Cedar Rapids, Iowa supporting ~200 employees. Act as the first point of contact for employees and managers by providing leadership, guidance, and coaching in alignment with key HR processes.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to, multiple managers, and employees with a specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR strategy, conflict resolution, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, staffing, retention, and workplace investigations.
- Serve as the employees and managers first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; partners with Services HR leader on issues that require escalation
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, performance management/discipline, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including Staffing Selection Processes and employee development, etc.
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like New Employee Orientation, Benefits Open Enrollment, etc.
- Partner with external services to manage HR programs such as Disability, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university (or high school diploma or GED with 5 years of experience)
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a variety of Human Resources positions both staff and client-based
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage work independently with a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of state and federal labor and employment laws
- Strong and objective analysis and decision-making skills
- Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Excel, PPT, Word, creating pivot tables, VLookups etc.)
- Clear thinking/problem solving successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement, strong analytical skills
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across functions; confidence to approach employees and managers with difficult messages and defend a position; equally, confidence to advocate strongly for employees
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $40.00 per hour
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- HR strategies and policies: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Human+Resource+Generalist&c=TekwissenGroup&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=3f1e3e8427c5e579&rtk=1fcrpi447u3sv800&from=rss→