HS Family Support Worker / Home Visitor – Inn Circle – HACAP – Cedar Rapids, IA
$15.34 – $17.99 an hour
Full Job Description
Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
WAGE AND SCHEDULE
Wage is $15.34 – $17.99 hourly depending on education and experience
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Full Day/School Year
- Ensure compliance, program records, and documentation required for HACAP programs, child-care licensing regulations, CACFP, Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act, and funding requirements.
- Assist and follow site procedures for maintenance of a safe, positive, and nurturing physical and emotional environment in the center and classroom.
- Provide home-based services to families in assigned caseload, following the Head Start Program Performance Standards and the agency s EHS home visit procedures.
- Conduct home visits at a time convenient to families on an assigned caseload.
- This will include daytime and evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
- Assist the team in planning and implement two monthly socialization meetings.
- Act as an advocate for enrolled families.
- Partner with teachers to meet Educator and Parent Involvement compliances for each enrolled family.
- Provide additional assistance to families in obtaining child health services, quality child care, and other services essential to executing their individual care plans.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Support team members with enrollment and recruitment.
- Work as a team member on projects and goals as needed.
- Provides child ratio coverage in the classroom on an emergency basis to meet state licensing and/or federal compliance regulations.
- Participate in program assessments.
- Obtain Family Development Certification taking into consideration the frequency and availability of training being offered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in:
- Social Work
- Early Childhood Education
- A related field with 18 credit hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education
- A related field with Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Associates Degree in:
- Early Childhood Education
- A related field with 9 credit hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education
- Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential AND 3 months of experience working in a licensed early childhood or school based preschool setting
- Detail orientated
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Ability to read, comprehend, and implement procedures.
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Hs+Family+Support+Worker&c=HACAP&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=fc5162933f4951d0&rtk=1fasbomidu3f6800&from=rss→