Human Resource Business Partner – Green Plains – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner manages the day-to-day human resource operations of assigned field locations and performs a variety of support and strategic activities. The position is responsible for the administration of general Human Resource functions including recruitment, payroll, training and development, benefits, and employee relations to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and customer service to employees and the organization.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the daily HR administration functions for assigned field locations of accountability.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned field employees and management team.
- Lead recruitment components using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Partner with and provide guidance to colleagues and hiring managers throughout the talent acquisition process.
- Perform payroll preparation including auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards and processing employee changes.
- Conduct new hire orientation procedures ensuring the integration and acclimation is well performed as a measure of retention and effectiveness.
- Conduct exit interviews. Analyze data and make recommendations to Director Human Resources for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Provide consultation to managers on employee relation issues including policy clarification, investigations, corrective action guidance, as well as grievance and performance follow-up.
- Communicate with field management in the interpretation and administration of employee relations related Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure fair and consistent application.
- Conduct internal investigations related to employee relations issues to ensure compliance with state and federal laws as well as corporate policies.
- Recommend corrective action measures including conflict resolution, developmental action plans, progressive discipline, warnings, suspensions and terminations where warranted.
- Analyze employee relation trends; develop recommendations to address issues and summarize findings to Director Human Resources.
- Assist in responding to agency charges with focus on ensuring consistency, fair treatment to the employee and minimizing risk to the organization.
- Assist with implementation of the performance management system including performance development plans and employee development programs.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with management and build positive working relationships. Work closely with department heads and provide coaching, guidance and continuous feedback, as well as develop strategies to enhance objectives.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resource matters and work related issues.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
- Work with internal audit personnel as part of their annual reviews of internal controls over human resources processes.
- Comply with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by Director Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
- Previous human resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Aptitude to maintain highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with urgency and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Occasional travel (approximately 20%) to field locations
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, computer use, and telephone use; ability to climb and to stoop or crouch during field visits
- Noise level at corporate work environment is typically quiet to moderate
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles as well as high noise level during field visits
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Human+Resource+Business+Partner&c=Green+Plains&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9825722cba78df2e&rtk=1fan040o7u4hv800&from=rss→