Industrial Scaffold Builder Journeyman – Austin Industrial – Austin Industrial – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Scaffold Builder – Carpenter
This person will assist in the construction, assembly, maintenance, and dismantling of tubular scaffolding or other temporary structures. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work at heights with no fear.
- Has basic hand tools to bring to site.
- Determines type of scaffold needed.
- Transports tubular scaffold or other structural material and erects the scaffold as instructed by the scaffold builder.
- Hoists scaffolding materials upward in order to erect temporary structure.
- Properly secures and levels locking sections of scaffolding material.
- Properly secures scaffold to the permanent structure for added stability.
- Adheres to all OSHA, site specific and Austin Industrial requirements for the erecting and navigation of the scaffolding.
- Dismantles scaffolding when it has been properly communicated to do so.
- Inspects and properly stows scaffolding material after dismantling.
- Performs final inspection of completed scaffolding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 1-2 years’ experience in a Scaffolding preferred.
Austin (“The Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- 3 – 5 years: 3-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
- NCCER-Scaff Bldr PV
- NCCER-Scaff Bldr KV
- NCCER-Scaff Bldr Cert
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor���s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Industrial+Scaffold+Builder+Journeyman&c=Austin+Industrial&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=1b998f477090983b&rtk=1fdehkbapu1bi800&from=rss→