Insulator – Austin Industrial – Austin Industrial – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Must be able to apply, remove, and repair insulating material to exposed surfaces or structures, such as air ducts, hot or cold pipes, storage tanks, boilers and buildings to help control noise and maintain temperatures. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprints and selects required insulation material.
- Work at heights with no fear.
- Brush adhesives on or attach metal adhesive application to insulation material.
- Determine the amounts and selects required insulation material (in sheet, tubular, or roll form), such as fiberglass, foam rubber, Styrofoam, cork, and urethane based on material’s ability to retain heat, location, surface, shape, and equipment use.
- Using tape measure or other measuring device, measure and cut insulation material to specified size and shape for covering flat or round surfaces, using handsaw, knife, or scissors.
- Fit, wrap or attach required insulation material around or to structure, following blueprint specifications.
- Cover or seal insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant or tape to secure insulation to the structure – according to the type of insulation used and structure covered, using staple gun, trowel, paintbrush, or caulking gun.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Austin (“The Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- 3 – 5 years: 3-5 years
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor���s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Insulator&c=Austin+Industrial&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=bb6b2ea465ca4a6e&rtk=1fdehkbapu1bi800&from=rss→