IT Application Analyst – National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) – Cedar Rapids, IA
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC)
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $63.4K – $80.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Full Job Description
This position will administer, support, maintain, research, and enhance NISC’s internal applications. This highly technical role will have a large focus on technical solutions for security enhancements and process improvement. The team is looking for a self-driven, resourceful candidate to create effective and efficient technical solutions. Applications include, but are not limited to Office 365, Okta, ServiceNow, BetterCloud, Jamf, InsightVM, Smartsheet, SecureDoc, Verkada and Desktop Central.
- Assist and may own implementation of internal, on premise or cloud-based applications.
- Assist and may own the ongoing maintenance of small scope and less complex internal IT applications.
- Interpret code to assist with and understand initiatives around automation and data transformation.
- Prepare Change Requests and follow-up to resolution.
- Provide second tier support in researching and troubleshooting to resolution basic level IT application problems or issues.
- Support general business needs and basic administration functions within and between other internal IT teams.
- Follow forced changes implemented by vendors. Bring to the attention of the team lead if they may be service affecting.
- May be asked to serve as a subject matter expert within specific IT applications.
- Provide after-hours technical support as needed.
- May be asked to participate in new vendor selections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Moderate scripting knowledge. (Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of API calls and how to use a programming language to automate repetitive tasks.
- Moderate OS knowledge and troubleshooting ability (macOS, Windows, Linux, iPad OS)
- Moderate knowledge of SSO solutions. (Okta, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of telephony systems, VoIP, etc.
- Moderate knowledge of SaaS automation platforms. (Bettercloud, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of productivity suites. (Office365, GSuite, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of endpoint management solutions. (MDM)
- Moderate knowledge of email/spam systems. (Ironport, exchange, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of security tools. (InsightVM,InsightIDR, A/V, Whitelisting)
- Basic network knowledge.
- Moderate Identity Management knowledge(Okta, Active Directory, etc.)
- Moderate level knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Moderate level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Moderate ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Moderate level ability to troubleshoot.
- Moderate ability to multitask and time manage.
- Moderate ability to make decisions based on the application of guidelines and procedures.
- Moderate level ability to organize, prioritize, and adapt to change.
- Moderate level ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
NISC’s Shared Values & Competencies:
- Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
- Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Systems & Network Administration, Computer Engineering, any other business-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Job Type: Full-time