IT Applications Manager (IT Service Desk) – Sedgwick – Cedar Rapids, IA
The ‘Apply with SEEK’ option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the ‘Apply’ option.IT Applications Manager (IT Service Desk)
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide leadership and support in meeting day-to-day Service Center objectives including service excellence; and to support continued Service Center growth and development
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership, direction to IT service desk teams.
- Ensures service desk processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure proper staffing and performance for phone, email and chat service desk
- Actively engages stakeholders and other organizational leaders to ensure satisfaction with service delivery.
- Manages day-to-day service desk ensuring daily client service objectives are met; ensures workload objectives are met timely and accurately.
- Provides professional and organizational development direction to Service Center supervisory staff and in their colleague team development role.
- Produces scheduled reports; maintains reporting databases as instructed.
- Contributes to development schedules for Service Center functional areas effectively balancing client needs with colleague availability and diversity.
- Provides effective and constant communication to Service Center Director and key stakeholders; provides effective communication of Service Center processes and procedures change/updates to internal and external colleague staff.
- Identifies and assists in implementation of various training programs; coordinates training of Service Center colleagues on departmental applications and procedures
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance reviews.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree with major in IS or Management required. Major in Information Systems or Management strongly preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include Service Desk leadership, systems analysis, quality assurance, project management, or technical support. Three (3) years of supervisor experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of incident lifecycle (ITIL)
- Specific knowledge for IT desktop and infrastructure (Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft Office)
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=IT+Application+Manager&c=Sedgwick&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=8207dbce7764043c&rtk=1fo7itth7u4pe800&from=rss→