IT Field Technician – Pomeroy Technologies, LLC. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
$18.81 – $23.00 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
POS support: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Pomeroy Technologies is currently seeking an IT Service Technician in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. The IT Service Technician will manage assigned service zone and assist in other service zones when needed to ensure service calls are completed within the Service Level Agreement. There will up to 75% travel within your service area. A Company vehicle may be provided, or you may be asked to work from your personal vehicle.
- If assigned a company vehicle it will be the technician’s responsibility to maintain the vehicle in a high state of repair and cleanliness, making sure that all maintenance is up to date and completed.
- In some instances, our Technicians are required to work out of their own personal vehicles. In this instance they are required to keep accurate records for mileage re-imbursement. The technician must also keep their vehicle properly maintained which includes cleanliness and regular maintenance intervals. These Technicians are also required to maintain a clean MVR as well as proof of proper insurance coverage.
- Must maintain good troubleshooting skills and increase their break-fix knowledge to help the company maintain IT hardware/software support for our customers in a retail/office type environment.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for maintaining your assigned inventory. The inventory location could be Company Vehicle, Storage Unit or HUB location. This will include confirming all good in-bound parts for replenishment or service calls. Shipping out defective parts in a timely manner. The return of good parts no longer needed through the excess return process and keep accurate records of inventory movement and location cleanliness with minimal management oversight.
- As you will be the front line for our company it is expected of you to have exceptional customer service skills, appropriate business casual attire, and maintain a very high customer satisfaction level.
- Pomeroy technicians utilize a web-based ticketing system to run service calls within their assigned zones. It is the responsibility of the technicians to make sure these tickets are maintained and updated daily, this includes properly updating your tickets to reflect the current status for that call as well as writing correct, proper and thorough call notes, correct equipment type, serial numbers, return tracking information, parts ordering and parts usage, and call resolutions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Industry Certifications such as A+, Net+, Server+, or similar are highly desired.
- Minimum of 1-year Point of Sale repair, Network Equipment repair and PC repair experience highly desired.
- Minimum 1-year previous experience of Break Fix or Network experience that was performed in a Retail or Office type setting is highly preferred.
- Must be Safety Oriented and possess excellent Driving Habits and a clean MVR.
- Must Show good mechanical aptitude and possess the ability to Troubleshoot equipment to a sub-assembly level.
- Prior low voltage experience with voice/data cabling experience preferred.
- Ability to operate and maintain various tools, media devices and testers used to troubleshoot customer hardware/software issues.
- Excellent customer service skills required to properly interface with end-user customers. Must show good verbal and written communication skills. Must possess good documentation skills required to provide accurate call notation, billing, and parts order information in web-based service calls.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency in managing and meeting our Service Level Agreements (SLA). The ability to work in adverse repair/installation environments and diffuse stressful situations. Must possess the ability to work independently while being a strong team player when needed.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds when needed. Must be able to sit for extensive periods of time while driving. Must also be able climb a ladder up to 15′ high when needed. Must be able to operate and work from small scissor lifts when needed. Must be able to pass various certification tests (Weights & Measures, etc.)
- Company provides retail-oriented and office technology services 24/7/365. This position requires our technicians to be willing and available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and be on-call to support all our retail clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.81 – $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Break /Fix: 1 year (Preferred)
- POS support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=IT+Field+Technician&c=Pomeroy+Technologies&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6a8f58a44f7e6c64&rtk=1fcmk0nnuu4t9800&from=rss→