Leave of Absence Coordinator – Sedgwick – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
The ‘Apply with SEEK’ option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the ‘Apply’ option.Leave of Absence Coordinator
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze reported Family Medical Leave (FMLA) requests; to make determinations based on state and federal regulations; and to ensure that on-going claim management is within company service standards and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies action plan; determines benefits due; and makes timely case decisions based on service expectations as established by the client.
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with claimants and clients.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College degree and/or college courses preferred.
Two (2) years of administrative/general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Disability management and/or FMLA administration experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical disability management
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Leave+Absence+Coordinator&c=Sedgwick&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6525f33a8280bb94&rtk=1fopuas1vu22q800&from=rss→