Linux System Administrator NOC – 2nd Shift- Remote – iboss – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
iboss is a cloud security company that enables the modern workforce to connect securely and directly to all applications from wherever they work. Built on a containerized cloud architecture, iboss delivers security capabilities such as SWG, malware defense, RBI, CASB and data loss prevention to all connections via the cloud, instantaneously and at scale. This eliminates the need for traditional network security appliances, such as VPNs, firewalls and web gateway proxies, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by 230+ issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss processes over 150 billion transactions daily, blocking 4 billion threats per day. More than 4,000 global enterprises trust the iboss Cloud Platform to support their modern workforces, including a large number of Fortune 50 companies. To learn more, visit https://www.iboss.com/.
The Linux System Administrator at iboss is responsible for handling the support Infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platforms, and applications. The administrator is responsible for the integrity and security of the servers and computer systems by following established security protocols and practices.
- Managing and maintaining iboss monitoring systems, ensuring the systems are updated with changing technologies.
- Primary responsibility for setup, installation, integration, monitoring, documentation, and maintenance of all Linux-based systems in a centralized IT environment
- Responding to system and/or network faults to ensure internal and external SLAs are met
- Following escalation procedures to engage key resources to respond to critical events
- Working with internal stake holders (DevOps, support, sales) and 3rd party vendors to schedule maintenance.
- Provide escalation-level technical support and system engineering for all Linux-based platforms
- Work with team members to perform regular system audit and security reviews, including evaluation, implementation, and management of best practices in computer security
- Create and maintain documentation related to global points of presence and procedures
- Strong Linux background (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Proficient / Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skill set
- Ability to assess and prioritize incidents quickly while under pressure
- Basic understanding of the OSI model and internetworking
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Capability to multitask in multiple environments
- Health, Vision, Dental- open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Linux+System+Administrator+Noc&c=iboss&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=44f4ebaf01ae4f59&rtk=1fk3ngdu8u2u9800&from=rss→