Maintenance Technician for Anderson Greene I & II Apartments – Woda Cooper Personnel Inc – Cedar Rapids, IA
Woda Cooper Personnel Inc
Full Job Description
Maintenance Technician for Anderson Greene I & II Apartments
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Who We Are:
Woda Cooper Companies, Inc., and its affiliates are a rapidly growing development, construction, and property management organization headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The organization specializes in providing quality affordable housing throughout the Midwest and Central Atlantic regions. Woda Management & Real Estate, LLC (“WM&RE”), the property management organization, currently manages over 10,000 housing units in over 300 housing communities. The management company has a concentration specifically on communities funded via the LIHTC program, Rural Development, and HUD Section 8, and other affordable programs. WM&RE has implemented Yardi Voyager software throughout its portfolio.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the Community or Communities assigned are in full repair and have the best curb appeal.
What is Needed:
- High school diploma. Vocational or trade school certification a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in customer service related positions.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus.
- Experience working in apartment maintenance or construction field.
- Ability to maintain high quality site appearance and curb appeal.
- Multi-trade experience (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc).
- Must be available for emergencies.
- Will be required to provide their own basic tools.
- Position requires travel to Community and/or Community locations and surrounding markets.
- Maintain a well-kept outside appearance (curb appeal); lawn will be mowed regularly on a weekly basis or as needed, edge sidewalks and the mulched beds, use the weed eater where needed, trim scrubs and plantings and sweep walkways.
- Property and walkways will be kept free of trash and cleared of safety hazards; especially ice and snow during the winter months.
- Perform general and emergency maintenance of apartments and common areas.
- Paint and Clean units as necessary.
- Monthly visual inspection of property for defects, condition of roofs, gutters, downspouts, walk ways, parking lot and apartments.
- Follow and perform duties as outlined on the Maintenance Calendar.
- Clean laundry rooms daily and scrub floors once a week or as needed.
- Clean dumpster area daily and after weekly pick up hose out area and refresh the dumpster.
- Clean landings twice a week.
- Help Manager with on-site inspections when needed.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Cell Phone Discount
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays & 2 additional floating holidays!
***All Woda Cooper associates must comply with the Company’s current COVID-19 safety and vaccine requirements. Woda Cooper requires COVID-19 vaccinations, or a qualifying exemption request, for all employees. Please reach out to Human Resources for more information.***
If interested, please submit your resume for consideration.