Manager, Software Engineering – BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC – Cedar Rapids, IA
BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC
Full Job Description
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives – tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone’s job at Blucora, we’ve attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
TaxAct, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management is looking for a Manager Software Engineering who is responsible for managing development and or maintenance of general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. The person in this role, leads full time developers and contractors, analyzes user needs, develop software solutions, designs software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. The Manager Software Engineer, will manage development of software products in tax preparation and financial advisory markets.
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads a team of full time and contract engineers.
- Mentors and coaches the team members.
- Focusses on Personal Development and Career Goals for the team.
- Manages development of new software packages, performs upgrades and/or fixes to existing operating software packages.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Marketing and Product Managers to design, implement and test software applications.
- Respond to technical requests regarding assigned application or component.
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology.
- Travel up to 10% as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
- Experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, APIGateway, EC2, S3, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and development lifecycle tooling (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS).
- Experience in service-oriented architecture and frameworks (NServiceBus, Mass Transit), messaging (Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, Azure Service Bus/ Event Hub), and micro services – oriented patterns.
- Experience developing large scale enterprise Serverless applications
- Experience mentoring/coaching junior developers.
- Experience with C++, C++ 11/ MFC preferred.
- Experience building SaaS platforms is a huge plus.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ custom software application development experience with 3-5 years as people manager.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora, considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manager&c=BCADS+BCOR+Administrative+Services&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=4648f123e70c2880&rtk=1fcju6om2u4tb800&from=rss→