Neurology/Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) – Adelphi Medical Staffing – Cedar Rapids, IA
Adelphi Medical Staffing
Full Job Description
- Ref #: 22156
- Profession: Registered Nurse
- Specialty: Neurology / Oncology
- Job Type: Full-time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Shift Type: Not Specified
- 1 year current clinical experience in specialty in hospital setting
- Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
- Acquire any/all certifications for specialty within 3-6 months of start
- BLS (AHA)
- Assumes primary responsibility for the plan of care for a patient or group of patients, per unit standards and nursing care required for the specified patient population.
- Effectively delegates tasks and responsibilities to other health care team members and assumes responsibility for follow-up and collaboration.
- Performs admission assessment process per specific department standards to include patient history, physical, and psycho-social assessment. Utilizes physical assessment data, diagnostic data (lab, radiology, diagnostic testing), pharmacological information and patient/family perceptions in formulating nursing diagnosis related to focus problem areas and identifying goals of care.
- Assumes responsibility for developing a plan of care that is mutually established with the patient and family. Each patient is treated as an individual, with their identified goals and expectations reviewed each shift to verify priorities.
- Implements the plan of care according to current standards of nursing practice, evidence-based practice, and hospital protocol/procedures.
- Integrates multidisciplinary approach to maintain comfort, support human functions and responses, and maintain an environment conductive to safety and well-being. Implements measures to promote a safe environment.
- Partners with healthcare team to achieve the patient care outcomes and goals of care.
- Administers medications and nursing treatments within scope of practice.