Non-Certified Pharmacy Technician – Hy-Vee, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician – Non Certified
FLSA : Non-Exempt
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription medications.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager; Assistant Managers of Health Wellness Home, Store Operations and Perishables; Pharmacy Department Manager; Staff Pharmacists
Positions that Report None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist’s expertise and judgment.
- Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
- Takes orders from or calls doctor’s offices for refill prescriptions.
- Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
- Enters prescription and patient information into the computer.
- Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
- Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for dispensing.
- Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
- Prepares prescriptions to be mailed.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
- Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
- Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
- Logs invoices as necessary.
- Performs cash transactions.
- Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
- Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble shooting.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a pharmacy technician.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Administer Vaccines as allowed by law
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working towards a licensed technician certification through a certified national program.
- Previous experience as a pharmacy clerk is preferred.
- If applicable, vaccination certification as required by law.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive
Working Conditions :
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, C.A.R.S. ordering system, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer’s private medical information according to the HIPPA act.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with community or trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.
I understand that this pharmacy handles and prepares hazardous drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that personnel of reproductive capability understand the risks of handling hazardous drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure to hazardous drugs may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to follow pharmacy policies and procedures may put me at greater risk of exposure to hazardous drugs.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Non+Certified+Pharmacy+Technician&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2829243082ba6b7e&rtk=1g2ceso43j479800&from=rss→